Monday, June 21, 2010

The Other Hiking Bar


1/2 cup Hazelnuts
1 1/4 cup Cashews
1/4 Shredded Coconut
1 cup Oats
1 cup Flaked Emmer
1/4 cup Camelina Seeds
1/4 cup Hemp Seeds
1/2 cup Honey
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 oz. Unsalted Butter
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla

I toasted all the nuts, seeds, oats, and emmer in a 300 degree oven just until they began to brown (about 15-20 minutes). Meanwhile, I melted the butter with the honey, sugar, and vanilla. When the dry things came out of the oven, I turned the heat up to 350 and tossed everything together and then pressed it into a buttered 9-inch square baking dish. I let bake for about 30 minutes. Then I should have let it cool completely before removing it from the pan, but instead I got impatient and it fell apart a little bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment