Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Something Pho-nny

I really wanted to make pho, but I didn't quite have all the proper ingredients, so perhaps this is just a soup inspire by pho. I started out boiling chicken stock to condense the flavor. While that was boiling I seared some Skagit River Valley Ranch pork stir fry meat, deglazed the pan with a cup of the stock and added it back to pot of boiling stock. Then I cut up a delightful rainbow of veggies!

Carrots, peppers, red onion, leeks, ginger, garlic, and shiitake mushrooms

I lightly sauteed all the veggies, sliced the pork into bite-size pieces and then mixed it all in the bottom of a soup bowl:


Last but not least, I seasoned the stock with salt, pepper, and an Iranian Herb Mix and then ladled it over the pork and veggies in my bowl to make a delicious soup!



1 comment: