Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The taste of summer...

Firefly Kitchens is a couple have a passion for pro-biotic fermented vegetables. They're just your average Seattlites with kids (so they only sell at week-day farmers markets), but holy cow they make some amazing stuff! Above is their sauerkraut, that's not only gorgeous, but some of the best and most unique sauerkraut I've ever had! It has an incredible meaty quality to it, like some sort of essence-of-beef, but at the same time its tangy and almost fruity.


CORN!!! The candy of summer! And this is the first of the season...

Also now coming into season in eastern Washington - Cantaloupe! More summer candy, and my favorite afternoon snack. I could easily eat a whole cantaloupe in one sitting, but I've been trying to ration myself to a half a cantaloupe a day... If only there was a was to preserve this to eat throughout the year...



No comments:

Post a Comment