Sunday, April 7, 2013

Campfire Cookin'

A few weeks ago I went camping in Big Sur with some of my cohort buddies. I was pretty impressively unprepared for this trip, since I decided to go the night before. Luckily my cohort is awesome in addition to being awesome cooks. So here's how cooking while car-camping works:

Step 1: Build a fire.


Step 2: Make S'mores.


That's pretty much it. For breakfast we built a fire, then made a feast:


Ben brought some of his super duper amazing homemade marmalade, and there was also brie, which I used to adorn a piece of campfire toast.


While we ate toast, potatoes were fried, followed by beans with nopales and eggs.


In the end we had some pretty fantastic breakfast burritos; potatoes, eggs, ranch-style beans, nopales, avocado!


Basically anything can be cooked over the campfire in a cast-iron skillet. And Vince can cook anything with a pair of chopsticks!





Bliss.



No comments:

Post a Comment