Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Salsa!

I wont lie, I've been a little intimated by the idea of making salsa. But I've gained a bit of confidence since moving back to California and devouring my friends salsa (he has joked about starting a salsa company called "Some White Guy's Salsa").  He just marinated and grilled a bunch of veggies and threw them in the blender. I tried to recreate his type salsa.

Fire Roasted Veggies on the Gas Stove!


Ingredients: Fire roasted pepper, tomato, onion, fresh tomato, fresh garlic, and cilantro

Blended ingredients are delicious on chips!

This salsa wasn't bad for a first attempt, but I've got some work to do. First, the color is awful. Second, the flavor wasn't quite right - maybe more tomatoes less peppers next time? Or more peppers, less tomatoes... hmmm.  Also, mixing this salsa with chopped avocados was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment