Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sriracha Pasta

Alex came home tonight declaring that he feared he was getting sick and intended to eat something smothered in Sriracha for dinner. I had already put a pot of pasta on the stove... so, I decided to improvise a Sriracha cream sauce for the pasta and it turned out fantastic!


Ground Beef, Onions, Garlic, Carrots, Cremini Mushrooms, Butter, Flour, Milk, Sriracha, Chopped Cilantro.

I simply sauteed everything in butter, then added more butter and a small hand-full of flour. I stirred the flour in well and allowed it to cook for a few minutes before adding in a few cups of milk and a very liberal drizzle of Sriracha. Once the sauce had a good consistency, I finished it with some salt, then added the pasta and finally cilantro.



Oh yeah, and this isn't the Sriracha also known as Cock Sauce, we found a groovy (less chemical-y) Sriracha at our local grocery store! ...I love the label:

1 comment: