Sunday, July 7, 2013

Life, Food, Foodia

Something shocking happened a few weeks ago. I was making waffles, and went to post a photo to Foodia with a link to my waffle recipe on this blog. After several minutes of searching my blog, it became clear that there was no waffle recipe post. I was hit by the painful realization that perhaps I had neglected my beloved blog while indulging in a digital foodie mistress, Foodia. 

And so my excuses begin for why I haven't updated this blog in so long. Here's what I've been up to in the past several weeks, with emphasis on the food, of course:

Alex and I traveled to Eureka, CA for a long weekend to attend the wedding shenanigans of my non-biological brother (Colin) and his best friend (Danielle). Alex discovered (or rediscovered?) a love of Tapatio. The bacon-wrapped grilled asparagus was particularly memorable from the wedding reception. Also the uncle of the groom was a professional brewer and helped the groom brew all the beer for the wedding! It was a delicious pale ale that paired fabulously with the oh-so-succulent carrot cake.


The morning after the wedding, everyone gathered again at the Samoa Cookhouse for brunch. This place is an experience to say the least. It used to be the dining hall for a logging camp, the only thing that seems to have changed is that the logging camp no longer exists and now they feed they public. It's shared seating at long tables and a server will approach you shortly after arriving to say something like, "today we have pancakes, biscuits and gravy, sausage, eggs, bacon, and toast. Yes or no?" You can only say yes, and before you know it, there's 7 plates of food in front of you. Amazing. Also, their gravy is one of the best gravies I've ever had.



The weekend after Colin & Danielle's wedding was Alex's & my first wedding anniversary! We prepared our garden for planting fall veggies, took a picnic into San Francisco for a free concert in the park, and ate our way around Berkeley and Oakland. 

Then in the past week or so I discovered my camera broke (sad!), our good friends from Arizona came to visit us en route to Seattle (yay!), and I feel like I've been getting swamped with stuff at work.

So I've been failing at updating my blog lately, but I've been thriving on Foodia. And now, let me shamelessly tell you how awesome Foodia is. Foodia is a smartphone app that let's you easily document all your food experiences (eating, drinking, making , shopping). It's basically a quick and dirty version of my blog, and I'm addicted. I thought I was obsessed with blogging, but now, thanks to Foodia, I can document and archive ALL my food experiences! 

Here's a montage of what I've been up to on Foodia...


Everyone (with a smartphone) should download Foodia and join me on this ridiculous foodiadventure! Oh yeah, and I'll get around to writing an official Waffle Recipe Blog Post some time in the very near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment